You can use the Ultra visor on a non-MIPS or MIPS Ultra helmet and with or without a bugnet in your Ultra.
We made a video to show you how the visor can be attached to your helmet. The instructions can also be found below.
The video shows a MIPS helmet, but the process is the same for non-MIPS versions
Follow these easy steps to attach the visor to your helmet:
- Put your helmet upside down and gently remove the original forehead padding from your helmet.
- Store the forehead padding in a safe and dry place as you will need it again when you decide to detach the visor.
- Place the visor on the velcro in your helmet. The side with the Lumos logo is the top of the visor, so it will be visible when you wear the helmet. The flap in the middle has the size of the visor printed on it. The size indicator should be facing your forehead.
- Push the padding strip downward so that the size indicator flap covers the "Front" sticker.
- When the visor is in the correct position, press it so that it firmly sticks to the velcro and doesn't fall off.
Note: for the visor to fit properly it should match with the size of your helmet. So if you have a M-L size Ultra, your visor should also be in M-L size. The size of the visor can be found on the little flap in the middle of the visor.