Variations of the issue:
- The helmet isn't working!
- The turn signals won't work!
- The brake lights don't work
- I can't change between the flashing modes.
- How do I pair my remote with the helmet?
1. The helmet is in pairing mode
This means the helmet was turned on by holding the button. In this mode, the helmet is only looking for a remote or phone to pair with. It will not respond to your remote signals.
Solution: You'll need to turn it on normally for the helmet to recognize the remote. You can do so by giving the helmet's power button a short press/tap.
2. It's not charged
Both the helmet and remote need to be charged correctly for them to work.
Check the video for reference below:
3. Your remote is not paired with the helmet
To pair your remote to your helmet, simply follow the instructions below:
- Hold the button to turn on your helmet until it's in pairing mode. For Kickstart the lights will be fading in and out rather than flashing.
- Press the remote's 2 buttons (L/R) at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds until they are also in pairing mode ('breathing' lights). Let it 'breathe' for 2 full pulses.
- Make sure your remote and helmet and close to each other. Touching is best.
- Activate the L button on your remote. It should activate the left signal on the helmet.
- If it doesn't activate the helmet, try steps 1-3 again, and then activate the R button on your remote.
You can also view the video below for reference.
If you have made sure all of the above have been rectified and it still doesn't work. You can then try and activate any of the Turn Signals buttons on the Lumos App and see if it helmet responds. If it does, it could most likely be an issue on the remote's end whereas if doesn't activate any turn signal lights, the helmet's hardware could most likely be malfunctioning.
Either way, in the case of a malfunction, please do reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please reference somewhere in the email that you have read and understood the above article, so we can skip out some steps in our troubleshooting to help speed up the process for you!
**If you have sent an email to our Support Team, kindly ensure to also check your spam/junk folder for our reply, just in case it winds up there.**