Variations of the issue:
- The helmet isn't working!
- The turn signals won't work!
- The brake lights don't work
- I can't change between the flashing modes.
- How do I pair my remote with the helmet?
1. The helmet is in pairing mode
This means the helmet was turned on by holding the button. In this mode, the helmet is only looking for a remote or phone to pair with. It will not respond to your remote signals.
Solution: You'll need to turn it on normally for the helmet to recognize the remote. You can do so by giving the helmet's power button a short press.
2. It's not charged
Both the helmet and remote needs to be charged for them to work. Make sure you're charging it correctly (both light up green if they're fully charged).
Check the video for reference below:
3. Your remote is not paired with the helmet
To pair your remote to your helmet, simply follow the instructions below:
- Hold the button to turn on your helmet until it's in pairing mode. For Kickstart the lights will be fading in and out rather than flashing.
- Press the remote's 2 buttons (L/R) at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds until they are also in pairing mode ('breathing' lights). Let it 'breathe' for 2 full pulses.
- Make sure your remote and helmet and close to each other. Touching is best.
- Activate the L button on your remote. It should activate the left signal on the helmet.
- If it doesn't activate the helmet, try steps 1-3 again, and then activate the R button on your remote.
You can also see below video for reference.
You can also check this article: My remote isn't working!