We are happy to inform you that the issue that Samsung phones with Android 10 were facing with updating the helmet's firmware, has now been resolved.
If you have tried to update your firmware and you get the error message "DFU disconnected", we have the following two options for you. After a successful firmware update you will be able to use the Lumos app on your original Samsung phone as usual, also for future firmware updates.
OPTION 1 - Borrow an iPhone or any phone on Android 9 and below
If you can find an iPhone to borrow or any phone on Android 9 and below, this is the easier solution. Download the latest Lumos app version on your phone. Pair your helmet with that phone and download the latest firmware update on your helmet.
OPTION 2 - One-time manual firmware update
- Download the latest version of the Lumos app on your (Samsung) phone running on Android 10.
- Then follow the steps below to get your helmet in the "Manual Update Mode".
Get your helmet in "Manual Update Mode":
- Shortly press the power button on the helmet, and at the same time plug the charger into your helmet.
- If done correctly your helmet is now in "Manual Update Mode" and the helmet's front lights are blinking orange. Note: some Kickstart helmets will not blink orange, but the lights turn off instead.
- Open the Lumos companion app, while the helmet is turned on, and the firmware update screen will show up automatically. If this process does not start automatically, then you can force this by tapping "Helmet Firmware Update" in the Help Center of the Lumos app. Followed by tapping on "Update Firmware" which will start the firmware update.
- When the new firmware is updated correctly the app will show "Success", then click OK.
Please carefully follow these steps as to succeed they need to be followed quite precisely.
Have you tried several times without success? Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line "DFU Device Disconnected - [phone model], [OS version], [Lumos App version]".
Please also include:
- the S/N of your helmet - which can be found on the white sticker inside your helmet
- description on what you've tried and where you get stuck
- the version of firmware on your helmet
This issue is our highest priority, and although we have tried several possible solutions we have not yet found a solution stable and reliable enough to implement. The matter remains high on our agenda and we keep working hard to find a fix for this issue.
We have noted that Samsung phones with Android 10 are facing issues with updating the helmet's firmware. When attempting to update the firmware on your helmet the following error message will be prompted: "DFU DEVICE DISCONNECTED".
Our software engineers are looking into this and together with third parties they are working on a fix.
For the time being, we suggest you to use a different phone to update the firmware. An iPhone or any phone on Android 9 and below can be used. After the firmware update you will be able to use the Lumos app on your Samsung phone as usual. This issue does not impact any other features of the app.
We will update this page as soon as we have more information.
Do you face this issue but are you not using a Samsung phone with Android 10? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "DFU Device Disconnected - [phone model], [OS version], [Lumos App version]".
Please also include:
- A screenshot of the error if possible
- A quick description of what you've tried and what is not working.
*If you have sent an email to our Support Team, kindly ensure to also check your spam/junk folder for our reply, just in case it winds up there.