Note: The automatic brake light feature will drain the battery life of your helmet and remote faster.
The automatic brake light feature is an optional add-on for your Ultra helmet. To activate the automatic brake light feature, you will need to upgrade to the Lumos Remote that has a built-in accelerometer required to activate the brake lights on your Ultra helmet.
Step 1: Pair the Lumos Remote with your helmet
You can pair your helmet with up to two remotes. Keep in mind that when doing so, you cannot use both remotes simultaneously. Out of the box your Ultra helmet is paired with the Remote Lite that comes with your helmet. To pair the Lumos Remote with your Ultra:
- Press and hold the helmet’s power button to turn on your helmet until it's in pairing mode. For Ultra the rear lights will be blinking orange and the front lights will look like they are “breathing”.
- Make sure your remote and helmet are close to each other. Touching is best.
- Hold both buttons on your Lumos Remote until the buttons start flashing.
- Wait for 1-2 seconds before activating the L button on your remote. You should now see the turn signal on your helmet turning on.
- If it doesn't activate the helmet, try steps 1-3 again, and then activate the R button on your remote.
Step 2: Activate the automatic brake light feature
By default, your helmet should arrive with the automatic brake light feature turned off. There are two ways to turn it on.
1. By the helmet
- Hold the power button until the helmet is in pairing mode. For Ultra the rear lights will blink orange and the front lights will look like they are “breathing”.
- Press the power button five times.
- The rear lights should light up red.
- Hold the helmet to turn it off.
The next time you turn on the helmet, the automatic brake light feature will be activated.
You follow the exact same steps to turn OFF the feature (except at step 3, the rear lights should be off).
2. By the Lumos Companion App
This requires you to have the app installed on your smart phone and to have the helmet paired to your phone.
Tap Helmet Settings > Scroll to the Brake settings > Tap "Inactive"
The automatic warning lights on your helmet are activated and the sign will change to "Active".
We recommend starting from the lowest sensitivity (-) to ensure that the automatic warning lights do not get activated unnecessarily. You can always adjust the sensitivity based on your rides. Simply move the circle along the "Sensitivity to movement" bar.
You can check the below video for reference:
Still not working?
Read this article: Why do the automatic brake lights not work?