To get the most out of your helmet, we highly suggest downloading our Lumos App for iPhones and Android phones.
After the app has been installed, simply:
- Turn on your helmet in pairing mode (when the helmet is off, press and hold the power button until the helmet turns on and it looks like the lights are 'breathing' if you have a Kickstart or Street helmet. When using a Matrix you'll see a white or red 'snake' moving around the edges of the panel. The Ultra helmet will show blinking orange rear lights).
Note: make sure you'll be holding the power button long enough to enter pairing mode, if you press it too short the helmet will just turn on in normal mode.
- Open the Lumos app and turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- Go to All Devices > Pair with a new helmet. On Android, this starts automatically.
You can also view the below video which shows you how to pair your helmet with the Lumos App, as well as the main features of the app.
Here's a video highlighting all of the App's features and what the process looks like:
Once the helmet and phone are paired, you can...
1. Track the battery level of your helmet
You can read the battery level of both your helmet and remote*, so you know when to charge your helmet! Read more about it here.
* Lumos Remote only.
2. Track your rides
If you'd like to do this manually, you can simply click the Ride Tracking button on your Dashboard.
You can track your rides automatically by tapping the settings wheel in the right top corner. Go to Auto Ride-Tracking > Toggle On (Green), as the setting is Off by default.
You can also sync up these rides with your Strava and Apple Health accounts. Just go to the settings wheel > Fitness Data Sync. Then toggle or sync to the account that you want!
See the record of your rides in the Ride Tracking section by clicking on the graph icon in the right top corner.
NOTE: Please be informed that we’ve decided to remove Ride Tracking for the time being as the app can only use limited resources at once. This issue would worsen with the multiple-device app, which we have recently released. Hence, we have had to cease this feature only for the time being. Rest assured that we do have plans to bring these features back via an update soon so, please stay tuned for that!
3. Adjust the settings of your helmet
Want to adjust the frequency or turn off the beeping? Turn on the Automatic Brake Lights? Check for the newest helmet firmware? Customize the light settings on your Kickstart, Ultra, or Matrix/Street helmets? All done via our app!
NOTE: While our latest App can pair with multiple devices, you are only able to edit the settings of one helmet at a given time.
- How to pair my helmet and phone together
- How to pair my helmet and smartphone app together