NOTE: The automatic brake (warning) light feature will drain the battery life of your helmet and remote faster.
By default, your helmet should arrive with the automatic warning light feature turned off. There are two ways to turn it on.
1. Via helmet
- Hold the power button until the helmet is in pairing mode.
- Press the power button five times.
- The 'turn signal' lights should light up red.
- Hold the helmet to turn it off.
The next time you turn on the helmet, the automatic brake light feature will be activated.
You follow the exact same steps to turn OFF the feature (except at step 3, the 'turn signal lights' should be off).
You can check the below video for reference:
2. Via The Lumos App
NOTE: Your helmet and App have to be paired in order to be able to do this. Click here for a guide on pairing.
1. Click on your device/helmet from the All Devices page (main page).
2. Then tap on Helmet Settings and then toggle on Automatic Brake Light. The Automatic Brake Lights on your helmet should now be activated!
3. You can configure the sensitivity movement by collapsing the tab (Tap on the words: Automatic Brake Light). It should look something like the picture below.
We recommend starting from the lowest sensitivity (-) to ensure that the automatic brake light does not get activated unnecessarily. You can always adjust the sensitivity based on your rides. Simply click on the "-" or "+" signs to adjust the bar.
WARNING: You should always test the sensitivity in a safe and empty area first before selecting your final setting. You can do this by having someone check on the lights from behind as you brake.