Boost Mode is a feature unique to Lumos Ultra. This mode gives you the option of pushing your helmet to an even brighter setting, at the expense of battery life. To activate it, simply press the ‘boost’ button on the Lumos App and follow the on-screen instructions, or use this guide to walk you through the process.
- Install the Lumos App and pair your helmet with the app
- Press the “Boost” button on the Mission Control screen of the Lumos App.
- Enter the password (if applicable, depending on the version of the app): lumosmaxima.
The boost mode password is no longer needed in Lumos App version 4.3 (iOS) & 2.40(3) (Android) and later.
- Press “Activate”.
- Boost mode is now activated. It can be deactivated or reactivated by pressing the “Boost” button. The password is only required the first time you activate the mode.
Some tips on when to use Boost Mode:
- When there is a lot of traffic around and you feel that you need that extra visibility.
- During rough weather conditions where overall visibility takes a dive.
- When someone asks you “but is it bright though?” and you want to show them just how bright.
- When you want to take awesome photos for the gram :)
Warning: the boost mode lights are super bright, so do not stare at them directly. It will also decrease your helmet’s battery life faster than usual.
For more light customisation please check out this article.